(626) 287-0250
(562) 929-8400
Open 24 hrs. a day, year-round!
  • Css Template Preview
  • Css Template Preview
  • Css Template Preview
  • Css Template Preview
  • Css Template Preview


Do You Qualify for Veterans’ Benefits?

Life is less stressful when you have more of a financial cushion from the bottom of your bank account, especially for independent Elderly individuals who may have recurring medical expenses to pay off in addition to normal expenses of daily living. For Elderly and Senior U.S. Veterans or their surviving spouses, the Veteran Administration provides financial assistance to those who meet the requirements set by the VA. Veterans can apply for Veterans’ Pension and the Aid & Attendance Benefit – two monthly payments that have differing eligibility requirements.

Veterans’ Pension and Aid & Attendance Requirements:

Veteran must have served at least 90 days of active duty with at least one day during a wartime period – WWI, WWII, Vietnam War, Korean War, Gulf War
Veteran or spouse must be at least 65 years old OR receiving Social Security Disability Insurance or Supplemental Security Income OR totally and permanently disabled
Your yearly income must be lower than the Maximum Annual Pension Rate set by Congress. The difference between the MAPR and your income determines how much pension you are eligible for. To make it possible for some vets to qualify, the VA allows you to deduct unreimbursed medical expenses and disability legal expenses that you’ve already paid in the same year.
Aid & Attendance applicants are only eligible if they require the care of another individual for activities of daily living that ensure their safety, care, and overall well-being in the home. Applicants must meet all the requirements for pension, but may still be eligible for the benefit if their income exceeds the MAPR. Applicants must also provide evidence of their need for in-home care by submitting a physician’s report that describes any health issues or medical conditions that make living assistance from a caregiver necessary.

If you’re considering applying for Veterans’ Benefits, but are unsure of where to begin or how to properly apply, the case managers at A-1 Home Care can help. We provide consulting services for Elderly Veterans who seek general information about VA Benefits, need assistance determining income eligibility, or planning appropriate questions to ask your doctor to include in a physician’s report for the A&A benefit.

Call us today at 626-287-0250 to speak with a case manager about VA Benefits and get the monetary assistance you deserve as soon as possible!

For a FREE In Home Assessment, please call us at (626) 287-0250
Let us provide you with the care and support you deserve.

A-1 Home Care Agency Sister Sites and Surrounding Service Cities

For our services in Orange County go to: www.A-1Homecare.com or for all of the Southern California area please visit: www.A-1Domestic.com

Our Blog

Respite Care in Baldwin Park

If you need a day or two to recharge from caring for a relative or your need to leave town for a few days, A-1 Domestic Professional Services, A-1 Home Care, & A-1 Caregivers can provide Respite Care on a regular or on-call basis.

Friday, July 1, 2011, 04:08 PM - Caregivers,
Los Angeles County Posted by Administrator


Jeanne of Downey Regional Medical Center.

"I have been very impressed with your A-1 Home Care Agency since I used your services personally. I was extremely pleased with the assistance you provided. I have referred several friends to your service and thought this may be another way to let everyone know what a fantastic service you provide. Thank you for the wonderful work you do with providing assistance in our homes."